The Town of Hanover shares a common goal with our residents. To make our community safe, healthy and enjoyable for everyone!
By-laws are created as a way to address issues and concerns of the community. They are created to protect the environment, public health and safety, and to maintain pleasant neighbourhoods for everyone.
The by-laws below are the most frequently asked about by-laws of the Town of Hanover, as they relate to licensing and regulation of property standards; parking control; animal control; fees; permits, bylaw enforcement; policies and procedures, etc.
Please be advised, not all by-laws are posted online. These by-laws are electronic copies made available for information purposes only and are not to be considered an official version of the by-law. Official copies of by-laws can be obtained by contacting the Clerk’s Department.
- Animal Control Responsible Ownership By-law 2819-13 Set Fine Schedule.pdf
- Bicycles, Skateboards Rollerblades By-law 2126-06-03-96.pdf
- Building By-law 2486-05.pdf
- Cemetery By-law 2759-12 as amended by 2889-15 - Ministry Approved.pdf
- Clean Yards Bylaw 2893-15.pdf
- Comprehensive Zoning By-law 2912-15.pdf
- Council Procedure By-law 2943-16.pdf
- Emergency Response Plan.pdf
- Establish Regulate Fire Department 3012-18.pdf
- Fence By-law 1762-90.pdf
- Fireworks By-law 2566-07, as amended by 2572-07 2823-13.pdf
- Fortification of Land By-Law 2687-10.pdf
- Lawn Watering By-law 2003-94.pdf
- Motorized Snow Vehicles By-law 2416-03.pdf
- Noise By-law 1606-04-21-87.pdf
- Official Plan By-law 2858-14.pdf
- Open Air Burning By-law 2171-97.pdf
- Parking Traffic Control By-law 1702-04-03-89, as amended.pdf
- Set Fines Parking Violations.pdf
- Property Standards Bylaw 2894-15.pdf
- Rates & Fees 2018 By-law 2998-17.pdf
- Regulate Streets By-law 1820-91, as amended by 2153-97.pdf
- Sewer Use Regulations By-law 2618-08.pdf
- Sign By-law 2916-15.pdf
- Taxi By-Law 2832-13.pdf
- Use of Parks By-law 2298-00.pdf
- Voting Method 2014 Municipal Election By-law 2843-14.pdf
- Water Wastewater Services Rules Regulations By-law 2839-14.pdf