For programs or services directly operated by the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department, register online at e-services.ca or drop in to the Parks, Recreation & Culture Office at 269 7th Avenue, Hanover.
P & H Centre Closed Until Further Notice
The Town is monitoring the evolving information provided by the local Health Unit, health professionals, our neighbouring municipalities and emergency management team in an effort to respond accordingly to the COVID-19 situation. At this time, the Town has made the following decision in order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers at our facility and programs.
P & H Centre
For updates and information regarding Town service status relative to COVID-19, please go to www.hanover.ca
We apologize for all inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your continued patience in these challenging times.
How can we direct you?
Online registration - FAST, EASY, SECURE! Register online at hanover.ca/e-services or stop by our office for any recreation program.
This class will focus on stretching and strengthening the body in a simple and safe way. No need to have experience in yoga. Breathing techniques will be a part of the content of this course to help the body relax and leave the room with a clear mind. Please wear comfortable clothing.
|Dates||May 25 - June 22|
|When||Mondays | 10:00 - 11:00am|
|Where||P & H Centre | Lions Den|
|Cost||$47.69 (5 weeks) | Code 7341|
Beginners welcome! This class is one of the best classes to start with if you are new to yoga and you consider yourself an active person. We work the body from head to toes, at a good pace so you can learn all the postures. This class offers a great opportunity to relax and learn. Please wear comfortable clothing. Yoga mats are not provided.
|Dates||May 28 - June 25|
|When||Thursdays | 10:00 - 11:00am|
|Where||P & H Centre | Lions Den|
|Cost||$47.69 (5 weeks) | Code 7342|
We are excited to offer you the ability to easily and securely view and purchase programs, memberships and passes online!
Our Online Registration System is:
Fast! No more line ups.
Easy! Memberships are just a few clicks away.
Timely! With anytime, around the clock access.
Convenient! Purchase from the comfort of your home.
Secure! Your account information remains private.
269 7th Avenue Hanover, ON N4N 2H5
If a class was filled before your form was processed, you will be waitlisted ONLY if you aren’t accommodated in any of your other options – you will be contacted should a space become available prior to the second lesson.
You can switch classes prior to lesson #2, if there is space available.
Swim Lessons - 3rd or more children in lesser valued swim lessons half price (includes Parent & Tot 1 to Swimmer 10).
Everyone should have the opportunity to participate in recreation programs!
Under 18 Years
1. Grey County Residents — Grey National Child Benefit (NCB) Reinvestment Program 519.376.0484 x 227. Through the NCB program, eligible candidates may request subsidy for recreation activities (sports, art, music or drama programs, swimming lessons, camps and fitness memberships). Forms can be obtained at the Parks, Recreation & Culture Office in Hanover. Click here to be taken to the Grey County website.
2. Grey County Residents - Grey County Social Services 519.376.7112. Grey County Children's Service offers programs, subsidies and information for parents and a range of supports for agencies and child care providers. (Summer camps, PA Day camps, March Break programs, etc.) Click here to be taken to the Grey County Social Services website.
3. Bruce County Residents — Bruce County Child Care Fee Subsidy 519.881.0431 or 1.800.265.3005. Child Care Fee Subsidy provides financial assistance to eligible families for children in their care attending a Licensed Child Care Program or Approved Bruce County Home Child Care Provider, Nursery School and Before and After School Programs. Forms can be obtained at the Parks, Recreation & Culture Office in Hanover. Click here to be taken to the Bruce County website.
4. Jumpstart - Canadian Tire Jumpstart 1.844-YES-PLAY. The program helps financially disadvantaged kids (ages 4-18) participate in organized sport and recreation by covering registration, equipment and/or transportation costs. Click here to be taken to the Jumpstart website.
5. Hanover Residents - The Town of Hanover has a fee assistance program available to assist Hanover residents to take part in Parks, Recreation & Culture Department programs or services. You are encouraged to contact the Manager of Aquatics & Programs at 519.364.2310 x 2122 for further information. Program fee assistance or installment payments on fees and memberships may be arranged pending approval.
Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture reserves the right to cancel any program that fails to meet minimum registration numbers. Participants are offered a full refund, credit on account or opportunity to transfer to another available class.
A refund or credit will be granted and calculated as follows:
Program cancellation by Department – full registration fee. Individual cancels 7 days or more prior to program start date – registration fee less $20 administration fee. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to program start date - registration fee less $20 will be granted as credit on account. (Note: Program status is decided 7 days prior to program start date. Your withdrawal may put the class below the minimum number to operate - thus the $20.00 administration fee.)
Prior to or during program due to:
Medical reasons – value of remaining classes less applicable administration fee, provided no more than 75% of session has passed.
Program Dissatisfaction – value of remaining classes less $20.00 administration fee, provided no more than 50% of session has passed.