The Corporate Services, Finance Department is charged with ensuring the town’s long-term financial stability through effective management of our fiscal resources. The key responsible functions are:
- Budgets & Financial Statements
- Tax Billing and Collection
- Water & Sewer Billing
- Accounts Payable including payroll processing
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management corporate-wide leadership in implementation, practices, concepts and progress
- Corporate IT Functions
- Leasing & Maintenance of Civic Facilities (Civic Centre including Community Hall and Theatre, Medical Clinic, 140 7th Ave)
Finance staff is responsible for the administration of the Town’s purchasing activity. The Town of Hanover has a decentralized purchasing operation, meaning Town Departments are accountable for their own individual purchasing activity up to their authorized spending limit.
Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) Notice of Participation - Local Authority Services (LAS) Group Buying Program
Finance staff handles all disbursements/payments on behalf of the municipality. This would include payment of invoices for goods and services received, prepayments, municipal contributions, petty cash, transfers, leases and recurring payments and refunds.
The Town of Hanover now has the ability to issue payments electronically using direct deposit. Direct deposit is a secure, reliable and convenient option that ensures timely receipt of funds.