Town of Hanover & COVID-19
The Town of Hanover's first priority continues to be the health and safety of our residents, staff and the visitors to our community. In response to the Premier’s announcement on January 3, 2022 regarding temporarily moving the province into Step 2 of its Roadway to Reopen with modifications, access to the public for the P & H Centre will be affected. The P & H Centre will be closed as of 12:01 am on January 5 until further notice. Vaccination clinic dates and hours will run as scheduled.
Assumption of Risk
Hanover, in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Public Health, continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
Users of Hanover’s parks, recreation and culture facilities such as the P & H Centre are reminded that when you attend these facilities as a participant, spectator or patron you assume risk when in our facility. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
By visiting any publicly accessible facility such as the P & H Centre you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities, including the Grey Bruce Public Health, Ontario Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
P & H Centre: Sign in required when entering the facility.As Grey Bruce has moved to the Protect (yellow) level in the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework, all members of the public that enter the facility must sign in with the contact information. Public members who are not in a registered pool or ice program or with a sport team are required to sign in Sign in is located inside both our entrances.
How can we direct you? Parks, Recreation & Culture Guide!!
PDF version of the Winter 2022 Guide click here.
Looking for updates about what's happening at Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture? Look no further! You can subscribe below for upcoming events, programs, swimming, ice, cancellations, etc.
Online registration - FAST, EASY, SECURE! Register online by clicking the 'Register here!' button below or stop by our office for any recreation program.
We are excited to offer you the ability to easily and securely view and purchase programs, memberships and passes online!
Winter 2022 Program Registration Dates
December 1 for Hanover Residents
December 8 for Non-Residents
Our Online Registration System is:
Fast! No more line ups.
Easy! Memberships are just a few clicks away.
Timely! With anytime, around the clock access.
Convenient! Purchase from the comfort of your home.
Secure! Your account information remains private.
Need help registering for an activity? CLICK HERE for a step by step guide on registering for activities.
269 7th Avenue Hanover, ON N4N 2H5
If a class was filled before your form was processed, you will be waitlisted ONLY if you aren’t accommodated in any of your other options – you will be contacted should a space become available prior to the second lesson.
You can switch classes prior to lesson #2, if there is space available.
The Town of Hanover is committed to providing safe and quality programs while your child enjoys a day away from school. Participants will have the opportunity to swim, skate (optional), and participate in a variety of themed, interactive games and crafts. Pre-registration is required. Do so early to avoid disappointment! Children will be grouped into appropriate age levels. Must meet minimum and not exceed maximum age restrictions by the day of the program.
|Ages||5 to 11 years old|
|Where||P & H Centre, Lions Den|
|Time||8:30am to 4:30pm|
PA Day Camp
Thursday, February 3 | Winter Wonders Camp | $44.35 per camper (Code 7811)
Winter is Snow Much Fun! Prepare your child for a "blizzard" of activity including a dip in the pool, skating (optional), snow themed crafts, snowman making, tobagganing and some snowball target practice (weather permitting). Your kids will LOVE the change to play, make new friends and experience the thrill of our Winter Wonders Camp!
|Date||January 4 to March 22, 2022
January 7 to March 25, 2022
|When||Tuesdays | 3:30 - 4:20pm
Fridays | 3:30 - 4:20pm
|Where||P & H Centre|
|Cost||$10.00 per visit|
P & H Centre is closed as of January 5, 2022. Programs will resume upon confirmation of reopening.
This indoor game is similar to Lawn Bowling. It is fun, challenging and provides a chance to socialize. To play register online or by phone at 519.364.2310 x 0 or drop-in. Just come when your schedule allows! Newcomers are always welcome! (Proof of vaccination required when entering the facility)
|When||Tuesdays | November 9 to March 29
Cancelled December 21, 28, March 15
|Time||1:00 - 3:00pm|
|Where||P & H Centre | Lions Den|
|Cost||$2.50 per visit|
Swim Lessons - 3rd or more children in lesser valued swim lessons half price (includes Parent & Tot 1 to Swimmer 10).
Everyone should have the opportunity to participate in recreation programs! (Restrictions may apply)
Under 18 Years
1. Grey County Residents — Grey National Child Benefit (NCB) Reinvestment Program 519.376.0484 x 227. Through the NCB program, eligible candidates may request subsidy for recreation activities (sports, art, music or drama programs, swimming lessons, camps and fitness memberships). Forms can be obtained at the Parks, Recreation & Culture Office in Hanover. Grey County Website
2. Grey County Residents - Grey County Social Services 519.376.7112. Grey County Children's Service offers programs, subsidies and information for parents and a range of supports for agencies and child care providers. (Summer camps, PA Day camps, March Break programs, etc.). Grey County social service website
3. Bruce County Residents — Bruce County Child Care Fee Subsidy 519.881.0431 or 1.800.265.3005. Child Care Fee Subsidy provides financial assistance to eligible families for children in their care attending a Licensed Child Care Program or Approved Bruce County Home Child Care Provider, Nursery School and Before and After School Programs. Forms can be obtained at the Parks, Recreation & Culture Office in Hanover. Bruce county child care subsidy
4. Jumpstart - Canadian Tire Jumpstart 1.844-YES-PLAY. The program helps financially disadvantaged kids (ages 4-18) participate in organized sport and recreation by covering registration, equipment and/or transportation costs. Jumpstart Website
5. Hanover Residents - The Town of Hanover has a fee assistance program available to assist Hanover residents to take part in Parks, Recreation & Culture Department programs or services. You are encouraged to contact the Manager of Aquatics & Programs at 519.364.2310 x 2122 for further information. Program fee assistance or installment payments on fees and memberships may be arranged pending approval.
Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture reserves the right to cancel any program that fails to meet minimum registration numbers. Participants are offered a full refund, credit on account or opportunity to transfer to another available class.
A refund or credit will be granted and calculated as follows:
Program cancellation by Department – full registration fee. Individual cancels 7 days or more prior to program start date – registration fee less $20 administration fee. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to program start date - registration fee less $20 will be granted as credit on account. (Note: Program status is decided 7 days prior to program start date. Your withdrawal may put the class below the minimum number to operate - thus the $20.00 administration fee.)
Prior to or during program due to:
Medical reasons – value of remaining classes less applicable administration fee, provided no more than 75% of session has passed.
Program Dissatisfaction – value of remaining classes less $20.00 administration fee, provided no more than 50% of session has passed.