Hanover Culture Days celebration of arts, culture and heritage in the community is set to occur from September 22nd through October 15th, 2023. Hanover is excited to highlight and help facilitate ‘HIPP Culture’ events during this time that include:
• The Fall Harvest Market in Heritage Square on September 23rd, where you can discover treasures, savour flavours and create memories in this enchanting gathering of community creators.
• A Cultural Showcase in the Community Hall on September 23rd that will feature a Heritage Committee display including an antique Knechtel furniture bedroom set, a Grey Bruce Singers display, a Hanover Community Players display and Prop ‘Make & Take’ Workshop and a Saugeen Artists Guild Exhibit in collaboration with the Hanover Public Library featuring multi-talent works by local artists.
• On September 29, 30 and October 1st, a Fall Studio tour includes various Saugeen Artists Guild member studios featuring demos and displays across Grey and Bruce Regions.
• The Eat Well Farmers’ Market remaining dates will occur on September 30th and October 7th and offer an array of local produce and products that bring community together and supports local.
• People are also encouraged to take a self-guided Public Art Tour to discover downtown public art displays including the Downtown Street Banner Project, Heritage Square and Clock Tower Murals and the Butterfly Selfie at the DIA Parkette.
Culture Days is a national celebration of arts and culture. At the end of each September, millions of people attend thousands of free participatory arts and culture events across the country both in-person and online. Culture Days programs invite the public to get hands-on and behind-the-scenes to highlight the importance of arts and culture in our communities.
For more information, please visit hanover.ca/culture-days