Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC)
The Town of Hanover has partnered with Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to offer eligible homeowners optional repair plans to help protect residents against potentially expensive emergency repairs to water service lines or well and sewer/septic lines on their private property.
Participation is optional and voluntary for homeowners. The program is solely managed by SLWC and uses no public funds. Residents will not be solicited in person or by phone. A homeowner who chooses to enroll in this program should do so with the knowledge that the Town of Hanover in no way warrants or is liable for the work or performance of SLWC.
Residents who choose to sign up for a plan have access to these benefits:
- A repair hotline available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Pay $0 for covered repairs up to a benefit amount
- Repairs performed by an insured and licensed plumber
- One-year guarantee on covered repairs
Plans Available in the Town of Hanover:
- Exterior Water Service Line coverage - $4.33 per month + any applicable taxes
- Exterior Sewer/Septic Line coverage - $5.08 per month + any applicable taxes
- Interior Plumbing and Drainage Coverage - $5.73 per month + any applicable taxes
For more information:
Water and Sewer Service Lines
Did you know?
As a homeowner, you are responsible for the water and sewer service lines buried on your private property. A breakdown of these lines could happen without warning resulting in an unexpected and costly emergency repair. The lifespan of a service line depends on many factors including construction material, soil conditions and use and the location, number and species of nearby trees. While not typically covered by basic homeowners’ insurance, residents are encouraged to check with their current provider to find out what their coverage is in this area, and to arm themselves with information such as deductible amounts and exclusions if the coverage is offered as an add-on. Residents may also consider coverage from an external service plan provider.