Feb. 10, 2021
Update Coming Soon
Dear P & H Centre patrons, user groups, families and participants,Our staff is consulting with Public Health to get a clear understanding of how the announcement on Mon. Feb. 8, by the Province will affect the reopening of the P & H Centre. We will communicate more information to our members, contacts, user groups and share information via the Town website and social media when available. Thank you for your patience!
Town of Hanover & COVID-19
Assumption of Risk
Hanover, in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Public Health, continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
Users of Hanover’s parks, recreation and culture facilities such as the P & H Centre are reminded that when you attend these facilities as a participant, spectator or patron you assume risk when in our facility. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
By visiting any publicly accessible facility such as the P & H Centre you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities, including the Grey Bruce Public Health, Ontario Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
COVID-19 Safety Procedure
Please delay your visit if you:
- Have a fever, new cough, shortness of breath or a combination of muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, or runny nose.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
The Town of Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture is excited to welcome patrons back to Public Skating, Adult & Tot Skating and Adult & Senior Skating. Our primary focus is to ensure the safety of staff and patrons attending our facility and programs. Additional health and safety precautions have been put in place to minimize the risk at our facility. In order to provide the highest level of care and safety, participants will be required to follow guidelines. We ask that you thoroughly read and strictly adhere to these guidelines to assist us in minimizing risk.
- Anyone attending our facility is required to wear a face covering/mask. Patrons skating can remove their face covering/mask before heading on the ice. (Masks to be worn in the dressing room.)
- Patrons must pre-register to come skating. Pre-registration can be done one (1) week in advance in person, via the phone (519.364.2310 ext. 2121) or online at www.hanover.ca/e-services
- Public Skating attendance numbers are limited by strictly controlled facility capacities and will be limited to 25 skaters. Drop- ins will not be permitted. Be prepared to be turned away if you are not registered to attend in advance
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied and directly supervised on the ice by a person 16 years of age or older
- Spectators will be permitted but limited to one (1) person per youth skater. Should there be circumstance that an adult has other children with them, the child must be within arms’ reach of the adult who is responsible for their conduct at all times, without exception
- Spectators are to proceed to spectator seating area and remain in this space until their youth skater comes off the ice
- Prior to arriving at the facility, please screen yourself and your party as directed upon registration.
- I agree I will NOT attend Public Skating | Adult & Tot | Adult & Senior Skating if:
- I have a fever, new cough, shortness of breath or a combination of muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, or runny nose NOT related to seasonal allergies or pre-existing medical conditions.
- I have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- I have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
Entering & Exiting the Facility
- Participants are encouraged to park in the back (east) parking lot
- Participants will be directed to enter the facility via the back (east) sliding entrance door and proceed to the designated dressing room
- Participants will be directed to exit the facility via doors off of dressing room corridor at dressing room 2/3 or east (referee rooms)
While Enjoying the Facility
- Please take note of directional signage and instructions from staff. There will be one-way pathways, occupancy limits, and exit/entrance zones
- Physically distance yourself from others not in your household by a minimum of 6 feet or 2 meters
- Avoid touching as many unnecessary surfaces where possible (i.e. the boards and glass)
- Absolutely no spitting will be tolerated and is cause for immediate removal from the facility
- The pylon marked area is reserved for parents with small children, strollers and those learning to skate. All other skaters please remain clear of this area
- Balls, pucks, sticks, chairs or any other items that would impact the safety of any skater is not permitted
- Skate Aid frames are not available for use
- Appropriate behaviours is expected. Horseplay, games figure skating (jumps spins etc.) and high speed skating could jeopardize the safety of others and are deemed inappropriate
- Food & Drink are not permitted on the ice surface
- Carrying a child on the ice surface is not permitted
- Please exit the ice surface promptly when buzzer sounds
- Penalty Box and Benches are out of bounds
- No shoes are allowed on the ice surface
- Children 7 yrs. of age and under must wear a CSA approved helmet. It is strongly recommended that all users wear a CSA approved helmet
Patrons must agree to abide by all safety and facility guidelines. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the facility. Thank you for making our Public Skates Safe and enjoyable!
Leisure Skates - November 29, 2020 to March 21, 2020
|FREE Public Skate||Adult and Tot Skate $2/Adult||Adult/Senior Skate $2/person|
||Mondays | 9:00 to 10:00am
||Mondays | 10:00 to 11:00am
|Sundays | 12:30 to 1:20pm
||Fridays | 9:00 to 10:00am
||Fridays | 10:00 to 11:00am
Adult & Tot and Adult/Senior Skates are cancelled February 15, 2021.
Registration is required for all our programs. Click the image below to register online or call 519.364.2310 x 0. Registration is required for anyone going on the ice. Drop-ins will not be allowed for public skate at this time.
Need help registering? Use our 'How to Guide' for step by step procedure. CLICK HERE
There will be times when Leisure skate programs will be cancelled due to special events.
Interested in being a skate sponsor? Please call 519.364.2310 x 2128.
Slice of Ice Rentals
Some great ‘last minute’ ice rates available:
Prime Time – Last minute booking, less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to booking - $103.65 per hour + insurance fee + HST.
Non Prime Time – 7 days or less of booking date - $60.95 per hour + insurance fee + HST. This is 50% off non-prime rate & opportunity to book your preferred ice time.
Call 519.364.2310 x 2135 to inquire about date and time availability. Payment is required at time of booking.
*Prices subject to change.