Town of Hanover & COVID-19
Assumption of Risk
Hanover, in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Public Health, continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
Users of Hanover’s parks, recreation and culture facilities such as the P & H Centre are reminded that when you attend these facilities as a participant, spectator or patron you assume risk when in our facility. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
By visiting any publicly accessible facility such as the P & H Centre you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities, including the Grey Bruce Public Health, Ontario Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
COVID-19 Safety Procedure
Please delay your visit if you:
- Have a fever, new cough, shortness of breath or a combination of muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, or runny nose.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
The Town of Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture is excited to welcome patrons back to Public Skating, Adult & Tot Skating and Adult & Senior Skating. Our primary focus is to ensure the safety of staff and patrons attending our facility and programs. Additional health and safety precautions have been put in place to minimize the risk at our facility. In order to provide the highest level of care and safety, participants will be required to follow guidelines. We ask that you thoroughly read and strictly adhere to these guidelines to assist us in minimizing risk.
- Anyone attending our facility is required to wear a face covering/mask. Patrons skating can remove their face covering/mask before heading on the ice. (Masks to be worn in the dressing room.)
- Patrons must pre-register to come skating. Drop-ins will not be permitted. Pre-registration can be done by the phone 519.364.2310 x 2121 or online at www.hanover.ca/e-services
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied and directly supervised on the ice by a person 16 years of age or older
- Prior to arriving at the facility, please screen yourself and your party as directed upon registration.
- I agree I will NOT attend Public Skating | Adult & Tot | Adult & Senior Skating if:
- I have a fever, new cough, shortness of breath or a combination of muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, or runny nose NOT related to seasonal allergies or pre-existing medical conditions.
- I have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- I have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
While Enjoying the Facility
- Absolutely no spitting will be tolerated and is cause for immediate removal from the facility
- The pylon marked area is reserved for parents with small children, strollers and those learning to skate. All other skaters please remain clear of this area
- Balls, pucks, sticks, chairs or any other items that would impact the safety of any skater is not permitted
- Skate Aid frames are not available for use. Registered skaters can bring their own CSA approved skate aids.
- Appropriate behaviours is expected. Horseplay, games figure skating (jumps spins etc.) and high speed skating could jeopardize the safety of others and are deemed inappropriate
- Food & Drink are not permitted on the ice surface
- Carrying a child on the ice surface is not permitted
- Please exit the ice surface promptly when buzzer sounds
- Penalty Box and Benches are out of bounds
- No shoes are allowed on the ice surface
- Children 7 yrs. of age and under must wear a CSA approved helmet. It is strongly recommended that all users wear a CSA approved helmet
Patrons must agree to abide by all safety and facility guidelines. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the facility. Thank you for making our Public Skates Safe and enjoyable!
Leisure Skates - October 4 to April 13, 2022
|FREE Public Skate||Adult and Tot Skate $2/Adult||Adult/Senior Skate $2/person|
|Wednesday | 4:00 to 4:50pm
||Mondays | 9:00 to 10:00am
||Mondays | 10:00 to 11:00am
|Sundays | 12:30 to 1:20pm
||Fridays | 9:00 to 10:00am
||Fridays | 10:00 to 11:00am
Adult & Tot are cancelled March 14, 18.
Public Skates are cancelled March 6.
March Break Skate
Adult & Senior Skate
Monday, March 14 & Friday, March 18 | 11:00 to 11:50am | $2.00 per person
Monday March 14 to Friday, March 18 | 1:00 to 1:50pm | Sponsored by Grant's Independent Grocer
Sunday, March 13 | 12:30 to 1:20pm | Sponsored by Electrical Contacts
Wednesday, March 16 | 4:00 to 4:50pm | Sponsored by CMR Insurance
Sunday, March 20 | 11:00 to 11:50am | Sponsored by Bill Brown's Income Tax
$3.00 per person. Helmets and gloves are mandatory. Full equipment is strongly recommended. Preregistration is required.
Monday, March 14 | Wednesday, March 16 | Friday, March 18
Intermediate | 9:00 to 10:00am | 9 to 12 years old.
Senior | 10:00 to 11:00am | 13 to 17 years old.
Interested in being a skate sponsor? Please call 519.364.2310 x 2128.
Thank you to our Public Skate Sponsors!!
Barclay Wholesale | Bill Brown's Income Tax | Carson Cleaners | Cedarwell Excavating | CMR Insurance | Cuneo Carpet One | Eastern Overhead Doors | Eastlink | Edgewell Personal Care | Electrical Contacts | Exceldor | Giant Tiger | Grant's Independent Grocer | Hanover Canadian Tire | Hanover Chamber of Commerce | Hanover Family Health Team | Hanover Home Hardware | Hanover Travel | Hi-Tech DKI | Howick Mutual Insurance | Jiffy Lube | Karn's Roofing Ltd. | Lasting Memories Locker Room | Leifso Financial | L-Ray Plumbing & Heating | McArthur Tire | McClement & Shewfelt Construction | MicroAge Hanover | Montgomery Industrial Services | Saugeen Dental | TEN-DER Pizza | Tim Hortons | Walkerton Toyota | Wightman
Slice of Ice Rentals
For shinny rentals during PA Days, Christmas Break, March Break or Snow Days. Shinny rate available Monday to Friday, 6:00am to 4:00pm, when booking is less than 24 hours in advance of the ice booking. $36.40 per hour + insurance + HST.
Some great ‘last minute’ ice rates available: Prime Time – Last minute booking, less than 72 hours (3 days) prior to booking - $105.70 per hour + insurance fee + HST.
Non Prime Time – 7 days or less of booking date - $62.20 per hour + insurance fee + HST. This is 50% off nonprime rate & opportunity to book your preferred ice time for PA days, Christmas Break or March Break.
Call 519.364.2310 x 2135 to inquire about date and time availability. Payment is required at time of booking. *Prices subject to change.