Want to know what is happening at the Hanover Aquatic Centre? Find Pool Schedule, Admissions & memberships below.
The Town of Hanover's first priority continues to be the health and safety of our residents, staff and the visitors to our community. In response to the Premier’s announcement on January 3, 2022 regarding temporarily moving the province into Step 2 of its Roadway to Reopen with modifications, access to the public for the P & H Centre will be affected. The P & H Centre will be closed as of 12:01 am on January 5 until further notice. Vaccination clinic dates and hours will run as scheduled.
Winter 2022 Parks, Recreation & Culture Guide. PDF version click here.
Town of Hanover & COVID-19
Assumption of Risk
Hanover, in collaboration with the Grey Bruce Public Health, continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation.
Users of Hanover’s parks, recreation and culture facilities such as the P & H Centre are reminded that when you attend these facilities as a participant, spectator or patron you assume risk when in our facility. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
By visiting any publicly accessible facility such as the P & H Centre you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities, including the Grey Bruce Public Health, Ontario Health, and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Looking for updates about what's happening at Hanover Parks, Recreation & Culture? Look no further! You can subscribe below for upcoming events, programs, swimming, ice, cancellations, etc.
Hanover Regional Aquatic Centre
Before visiting the HRAC please read the COVID-19 safety procedures above.
All drop-in programs require pre-registration before attending. To register for your aquatic programs click on the 'REGISTER HERE!' image below.
Need help registering? Download registration guide
Please delay your visit if you:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms which are new and not related to other known causes or pre-existing medical conditions: fever, cough, shortness of breath, decreas/loss of sense of taste or smell, fatigue, digestive issues.
- In the last 10 days have you or someone in your household: been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 and advsied to self isolate, or tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the last 14 days, have you or someone in your household travelled outside of Canada and been advised to quarantine (as per federal quarantine requirements.)
FACILITY INFORMATION (Revised 11.09.2021)
- Swimmers must pre-register in advance. To register go to hanover.ca/e-services and click on ‘Register Here’. If you have never registered for a program online before, refer to our ‘How To’ Guide. Go to hanover.ca/swimming-general for help or contact us at 519.364.2310 x 0. Preregistration will be available to register 1 week prior to the start of the program.
- Masks/face coverings must be worn when at the P & H Centre as per the Ontario Regulation 364/20, unless exempt as per the Regulation. Removal of masks/face coverings are permitted for aquatic program participation. Masks/face coverings are to be worn until time of pool program and when exiting the pool deck and use of the changerooms.
- Proof of vaccination with QR code and identification are required when attending the facility. staff or security will check documents upon arrival.
- Chagerooms are open. You will be able to change and shower before and after your swim. You are encouraged to minimuze your time in the changeroom by arriving no more than 15 minutes before your swim and change quickly after. The door to the pool deck willl remain locked until the start of the programs.
- Lockers are available.
- Check in for your program with the customer service staff or aquatic staff on deck when customer service is closed.
- Patrons are to remove shoes/boots before coming onto the deck and leave them outside the changerooms or place them in a bag and carry them out on deck.
- Patrons must shower prior to entering the pool. Please maintain physical distancing.
- There will be NO equipment available for use, except for lifejackets/PFDs. Lifejackets/PFDs must be returned to the “Used” bin for cleaning prior to next use.
- Swimmers may bring their own equipment (e.g. flutter board, pull buoy). All pool equipment must be appropriate for the program and clean.
- Sauna will NOT be available.
- Wading pool and swirl pool will only be available at designated times during lane swims and will not be available during Aquafit programs. For use of the swirl pool, customers need to pre-register in the appropriate lane swim program. Wading & Swirl Pool designated availability during Lane Swims:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday | 7:30 - 8:00am
Monday - Friday | 12:00 - 1:00pm
Sunday | 11:45 - 12:45pm
Tuesday | 8:30 - 9:00pm
Wednesday | 8:00 - 8:30pm
- In order to be respectful to others please do not register for a swim you do not plan to attend. To cancel a registration or modify a registration please call 519.364.2310 x 0.
- Swim patrons who pre-register for an aquatic program and do not attend without advance notice will not be refunded their money. If the swim patron has a membership or pass they will receive a verbal warning on their first occurrence. Subsequent occurrences may result in membership suspension.
- If program is at capacity, you are encouraged to waitlist your name. This helps us track program interest and consider future program changes. When a cancellation occurs, individuals on waitlist will be contacted.
- Patrons who do not show up for their registered program 10 minutes after the start time will forfeit their participation in the program.
- No food on deck. Only water is permitted in a plastic reusable container.
- No photos/videos are permitted on the deck or from the viewing area.
Please Note: Our Re-Opening FAQ Question and Answer section is continually evolving and will be updated as new details emerge. We anticipate additional questions and logistics to consider as we move through the re-opening process. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Last Updated: November 9, 2021.
Do I need to show proof of vaccination and identification?
Yes. Anyone 12 years and older will need to provide proof of vaccination with QR code and a piece of identification when they enter the facility. Security or staff will check documentation when entering the facility.
Can the virus be spread through swimming pools?
According to the Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): “There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, or water playgrounds. Additionally, proper operation of these aquatic venues and disinfection of the water (with chlorine or bromine) should inactivate the virus.” We are required through legislation to maintain chlorine levels and test our pool water every 2 hours when open.
When will Advanced Courses be offered?
Advance Courses will be offered Spring 2022. For a full list of what is being offered click on the 'Advanced Course' accordion tab on the hanover.ca/swimming-programs page.
When will lessons be offered?
Next round of lessons will be offered Summer 2021. REMINDER: Children registered in any levels Swimmer 3 and below will require a parent/guardian in the water with them. Parent/guardians will providing physical manipulation and safety supervision. Instructors will be teaching from the deck and will only enter the pool in case of an emergency or for physical demonstration (if required). Watch social media and Town website for updates.
Are changerooms available?
Changerooms are open. You will be able to change and shower before and after your swim. You are encouraged to minimize your time in the changeroom by arriving no more than 15 minutes before your swim and change quickly after. The door to the pool deck will remain locked until the start of the program.
Is the Sauna available?
Sauna is closed.
How long will the pool schedule go for?
The initial pool schedule is January 3 to March 13, 2022. Subsequent pool schedules will be promoted in advance of their start date.
Will equipment be available?
Only PFD’s will be made available. You are encouraged to bring your own equipment as long as it is program appropriate and clean.
Will the viewing room be available to view my child?
Standing view only. No chair at this time. We are encouraging minimal spectators at this time. You can bring your own clean lawn chair.
What if I don’t register for a drop-in program? Will I be able to go swimming?
If the program is not at its maximum capacity, you would be able to attend swimming.
How do I register for the drop in aquatic programs? If I don’t have a computer can I register for the drop in aquatic programs?
Download pre-registration instructions. During customer service hours, our staff may assist you with registering in person or over the phone should you not have access to a computer.
Will any aquatic programs be offered? Ie. Waterpolo, Lifesaving Fundamentals Club, Water jog, Aqua Float?
At this time programs that require shared equipment will not be offered.
Will schools be coming for swimming lessons?
This will be the decision of the respective schools and classes. You are encouraged to contact your child’s teacher or school principal.
I registered to attend a swim program but I am not able to attend. How do I cancel my registration?
Please contact 519.364.2310 x 0 as soon as possible.
I did not attend the swim program that I pre-registered for and I didn’t notify of my absence, do I get a refund?
Credits on accounts will only be provided if advance notice is provided. Should you be a membership or pass holder and you are a ‘no show’ for a program, a verbal warning will be provided on your first occurrence. Subsequent ‘no show’ occurrences may result in a suspension of your membership.
Why aren’t there more aquatic programs included on the schedule?
We will be assessing our aquatic schedule, based on demand and program attendance.
Why are Town staff constantly reminding me about physical distancing and face covering?
These are new and challenging times and we are all bound to forget! Staff will provide friendly and gentle reminders to individuals about our new protocols.
Will you have a Lost & Found?
Unfortunately, no. Patrons need to be extra diligent with their belongings. We will not be keeping Lost & Found containers therefore any items found (excluding keys, wallets/purses, jewelry) will be donated to local charities.
What happens if there is an outbreak at the facility?
Our staff work with the Grey Bruce Public Health for contact tracing. That is one reason why pre-registration is so important. We will inform patrons of the situation of a positive case of COVID-19. Public health will provide direction regarding any next steps. Again, patrons should follow all public health guidelines, including staying home if you are feeling ill, answering the self screening questions, physical distancing of at least 2 meters, wearing a mask, washing hands and practicing proper sneezing hygiene.
|TYPE||1 VISIT||10 VISIT PASS||20 VISIT PASS||6 MONTH MEMBERSHIP||YEARLY MEMBERSHIP|
|Preschool (Under 4 years)||$3.75||$31.88||$60.00||$113.11||$183.00|
|Student (5 to 17 years)||$4.75||$40.38||$76.00||$174.64||$277.98|
|Senior (65+ yesrs)||$4.75||$40.38||$76.00||$174.64||$277.98|
|Adult (18+ years)||$5.50||$46.75||$88.00||$216.56||$363.18|
(same economic household, 2 adults
and children under 17 years old max. 5)
|Additional Family Members||$2.50 each||HST include where applicable
6 MONTH PASS INCLUDES: Admission to any public swim program listed above - valid for 6 months from date of purchase.
Children under 10 years who are non-swimmers MUST be accompanied by an individual who is 14 years or older and responsible for their direct supervision. Maximum ratio 2:1. Children who are 8 & 9 years that are strong swimmers may take the facility swim test to determine if they can enter the pool by themselves. (If children 8 & 9 do not pass the swim test they need to be within arms reach of an adult in the water.) Children 7 years & under MUST be accompanied by an individual 14 years or older. (Public Pools Regulation, Under the Health Protection and Promotion Act Reg. 565 s.17.21 and Lifesaving Society's Guide to Ontario Public Pools Regulations, Section 17. updated July 2018)
To register for Drop-In aquatic programs
Need help registering? Use our 'How to Guide' for step by step procedure. CLICK HERE
Pool Admission Standards
For more details about the swim admission click here.
Code of Behaviour
The Town of Hanover endeavours to provide the highest level of safety and enjoyment to all participants and staff members for the duration of its programs. The guidelines have been developed to ensure that all involved are aware of acceptable behaviour. Course language, physical and aggressive behaviour, inappropriate or uncooperative behaviour will be recorded, reported and may result in removal from the program and/or facility.
CLOSED January 1, 2022 - New Years Day
P & H Centre is closed as of January 5, 2022. Programs will resume upon confirmation of reopening.
|Lane Swim | Main pool | Swim a loop in a slow, medium, or fast lane.|
|Aquafit | 45 minute classes with 15 minutes at the end to enjoy swirl pool. Circuit classes no instructor. Active cards are posted around the pool during circuit classes.|
|Adult n' Tot | Wading pool play time for 6 years and under with adult. Register both adult & child(ren) attending the swim. *No more than 2 children per adult. Little swimmers are available at the customer service desk.|
|Public Swim | Entire Pool | Sauna not available.|
|Family Swim | Entire Pool | Sauna not available. Children under 18 must be accompanied into the pool by an adult.|
|Adult/Senior | Main pool and swirl pool. *One lane available for leisure swim only.|
- Lanes will be divided into fast, medium and single. Pool patrons in fast and medium lanes will be required to swim in a loop cooperatively. The single lane will have 1 person or members of the same household.
- Swimmers are only to reserve 1 lane per session/per program.
- Wading pool and swirl pool will only be available at designated times during lane swims. For use of wading and swirl pool patrons need to register in the appropriate lane swim program.
- Participants will make use of lane markings on the bottom of the pool and on visual markers on deck to support physical distancing during aquatic fitness programs.
- Equipment (flutter boards, pull buoys) will not be available during program. Swimmers are welcome to bring their own equipment as long as it is appropriate for the program and is clean.
- Sauna is NOT available.
- Wading & swirl pool are not available.
- Shallow end only.
Adult & Tot Swim
- Adult & Tot $5.50, additional preschoolers $3.75 each. Children must be under 7 years old.
- Admission standards must be followed. Maximum 2 children per adult for children 7 & under - Children are to be within arms’ reach of adult.
- Registration is required for everyone attending Adult & Tot swim.
- 2m social distancing between user groups must be observed at all time.
- Mushroom feature will be closed.
- Equipment (flutter boards, pull buoys) will not be available during program. Swimmers are welcome to bring their own equipment as long as it is appropriate for the program and is clean. These items cannot be shared with people not in your household
- 2m social distancing between user groups must be observed at all time.
- Sauna is NOT available as per Provincial Stage 3 Re-opening Regulations.
- Pre-registration is required. Please register to reserve your spot for each person who wishes to swim.
- Admission standards must be followed. Maximum 2 children per adult for children 7 & under or under 10 that have not passed the swim test.
- Children are to be within arms’ reach of adult.
- Equipment (flutter boards, pull buoys) will not be available during program. Swimmers are welcome to bring their own equipment as long as it is appropriate for the program and is clean. These items cannot be shared with people not in your household.
- Standard admission rates and policy applies.
- Sauna, rope and mushroom feature will NOT be available.